Terms and Conditions
This product/service aims to meet the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a service, MOT or repair with RD Autos
SALE PROCESS, CUSTOMER STATUS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. A contract will be binding between RD Autos and the customer, upon booking.
2. If you make a booking via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. RD Autos will provide details of the cost of each vehicle repair/service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
4. If the vehicle repair/service cannot be done within 1 day due to circumstances beyond RD Autos control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Additional parts may be required for your vehicle repair/service. These will be an additional charge and an RD Autos adviser will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers' service schedule and warranty, - ensuring all manufacturers' warranties are validated.
8. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts & Labour Warranty is provided for a period of up to 12 months (or within 12,000 miles - whichever comes first) for work carried out by RD Autos. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts or related workmanship. (unless specified in writing by RD Autos)
9. The Warranty is dependent upon:
(a). RD Autos being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe.
(b). The manufacturer's vehicle operating instructions being followed.
(c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
(d). Full compliance with RD Autos advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by RD Autos.
(e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. Upon completion, all work carried out is to be paid in full before your vehicle leaves the premises.
11. RD Autos does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at RD Autos.
12. The customer has the right to cancel their vehicle repair/service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
13. Rd Autos where possible will provide the customer with a courtesy car free of charge. Insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by RD Autos will normally be covered by the garage's insurance. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of the excess on the insurance. Also the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, RD Autos will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance.
14. RD Autos will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by RD Autos employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
15. RD Autos will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
16. RD Autos will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of RD Autos.
17. Health & Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customers vehicle is serviced.
18. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are aware of what the repair/service you are purchasing includes ( this can be found in the detailed full/interim service schedule). We will also follow your manufacturers repair/service schedule, and any additional items not included in a full/interim service may be charged at an extra cost, but will not be completed without prior authorisation.
19. Any complaint with respect to any vehicle repair/service done by RD Autos must be restricted to communications with RD Autos only and not other garages. RD Autos will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with RD Autos.
20. RD Autos will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, RD Autos will notify the customer accordingly.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY RDAUTOS IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.
Enter content here
Enter content here